Sponsor Community Goodwill After The Grand Opening
Each year, community organizers struggle to produce public events and this is a golden opportunity for a new business to provide Goodwill to a community by sponsoring entertainment.
Sponsoring entertainment allows a new business to get their name out to the community through the event marketing. Events usually have a website, fliers, and brochures that are distributed throughout the community and, for a fraction of the cost, your business information can be distributed to thousands of residents.
How to sponsor entertainment or activity
- Call the Mayor’s office, police department, library, and park district and ask them for groups that have public events. Let them know you are looking to sponsor entertainment or an event, or to contribute to a community cause.
- Set a budget that you want to spend and remember this is a goodwill gesture to the community and this is a long-term investment in the community.
- Research producers that will provide quality entertainment that you can submit to the event committees and can brand your product into the production of the show.
- Reach out to your network of business associates, and bring in a proposal to the event committee that is complete, thorough, and is fully funded.
Things you should include when dealing with entertainment
- Entertainment should acknowledge you onstage as a sponsor
- Sponsor logo should be visible onstage
- Entertainer should promote the sponsor to its fan base
Building a relationship with the community, other local businesses, and in the political environment will help a new business grow in areas that you never imagined were possible.