Congratulations! After months, even years of planning, the building is built, the fixtures are in place and you’re ready to plan your official Grand Opening event!
Grand Opening Balloon Décor generates excitement, and carries with it the message of fun and happiness. By touching the subconscious heartstrings of your potential customers, you are getting an instant warm fuzzy feeling. Balloon décor offers highly visibility, totally customizable and a great cost effective way to get more décor coverage for your money.
There are 3 types of grand opening balloon décor:
- Attention getting décor to be seen from far away
- Attention getting décor to be seen from parking lot to bring people into store
- Ambient décor inside store to generate excitement and drive impulse buys
Outdoor Balloon Décor
The key to outdoor décor is to plan with weather conditions in mind. Anchor balloons to something that is fixed in the ground whenever possible, for example, a sign post, or a light. Remember that balloons are susceptible to wind, even as little as 4 miles an hour can destroy your balloon décor. For columns and arches, make sure that you have a strong internal framework and a solid base with a large footprint. The rule of physics is, the taller your décor, the bigger the footprint. Professional decorators use 150 lb steel base plates with a 2′ footprint for outdoor columns and arches. Even with that, we sometimes need to add weight to stabilize against the wind.
Don’ts of Outdoor Balloon Décor
- Don’t use dark colors, like black, blue, green or purple as they absorb heat and could pop on hot days.
- I don’t recommend using bouquets of balloons outdoors, as they tend to tangle, but instead would go for topiary kites or clusters of balloons where there is a single anchor point. Look to wide ribbons to add that extra rhythm and movement.
One last thing about outdoor balloon décor, even if you’re not in California, it’s a good idea to follow the California balloon laws. These are the strictest balloon regulations that requires every Mylar balloon must be individually weighted, and no balloons can be attached to any type of electrically conducive material. Following these guidelines makes for a better environmental impact along with making your grand opening balloon décor meet all state requirements. Note: latex balloons are completely biodegradable, but none-the-less should be properly handled.
Want to see more examples of Grand Opening Décor, click here to go to Balloon Utopia’s website to see some examples of grand openings in San Diego.
Subscribe to GrandOpeningHelp.com and keep getting tips and ideas on how to have a successful grand opening.
This post was submitted by Sandi Masori.