Owning a new home is a great accomplishment and should be celebrated with family and friends. We all stride to better ourselves and having a housewarming party allows one to show off that you developed into a responsible person. The housewarming party is an open invitation to come and see your new house, backyard, and its decor. This is a personal grand opening which will have people coming throughout the day. So make it fun and enjoy the company.
Tips on making your housewarming party a success.
- Set a time frame for the grand opening – In the invitation let them know the event goes from 11:00 am – 4:00 pm and they are welcome to come anytime. This way people can come, see the house, visit, and leave. By setting a start and end time will allow you control the party and the expenses.
- Cater food if possible – This allows you to mingle with your guests and show off your house.
- Keep food simple – This isn’t a sit down party it is more about socializing and mingling. Keep the food portable and easy to plate.
- Provide spill proof cups for kids.
- Avoid red wine – New carpeting is best ruined by the home owner, not the guest.
- Hire entertainment to keep family and friend entertained.
- Layout family pictures so guests have something to reminisce about – This gives everyone a chance to talk about family present and past.
- Strategically place snacks in different parts of the house – This will keep people mingling and allows everyone to enjoy the house as much as you do.
- Place waste receptacles in visible locations – It’s a party and there’s going to be trash, make it easy for guests to toss out garbage.
- Avoid food with sauces – Best to vacuum up crumbs then having to hire a carpet cleaning company.
- Avoid tuning on TV – The party is about your house and family, not the pendent race that is occurring.
- Background music is great for setting up the party, but become annoying when guest arrive – Turn off the music.
- Include detailed map and contact information on invitation – Make it easy for your guests to find your new house.
- Make a thank you list – Too often at the end of the party you cannot remember who brought a bottle of wine or gave you that special housewarming gift. Use a notepad to quickly write down names and a quick description of the present. When you send out thank you notes you can thank them for the specific housewarming gift.
- Send out thank you notes – Thanking people for coming to your party will insure that your next event will get a response from them.
Subscribe to GrandOpeningHelp.com and keep getting tips and ideas on how to have a successful grand opening.
No Comments Yet